Tuesday, October 4, 2016

PRAYER OF THOSE WHO SEEK TO SERVE THE POOR

Lord, forgive me for getting used to seeing children who seem to be eight years old and are really thirteen.
Lord, forgive me for getting used to sloshing around in the mud. I can leave, they can't.
Lord, forgive me for learning to put up with contaminated water. I can get away from it, they can't.
Lord, forgive me whenever I switch on the light and forget that they can't.
Lord, I can go on a hunger strike but not they; how can the hungry go on a hunger strike?
Lord, forgive me for telling them that "not by bread alone does man live" and not fighting all out for their bread.
Lord, I want to love them for them, and not for me.
Help me. Lord, I dream of dying for them: Help me to live for them.
Lord, I want to be with them when the light comes. Help me.

Prayer of Carlos Mugica (d. May 11,1974), member of the Movement of Priests for the Third World in Argentina, liberation martyr, incorruptible prophet of the dispossessed, murdered by those who fear to face a people free from oppression 

No comments:

WELCOME PEOPLE....RELAX...READ ON...