Saturday, July 26, 2008

HAPPY PARENT'S DAY



It's parents day in our part of the planet. Along with the flowers and the cards to make our parents feel special we had a session to guide them on "Parenting the Right Way"...It ended with this poem which I find so meaningful. So here it is...and before I close...."Happy Parent's Day" to my darling mum and dad and to all the parents I have encountered in my life...We are so proud of all that you guys are doing to make our world the dwelling place of lovely children...



IF I HAD MY CHILD TO RAISE AGAIN...

If I had my child to raise over again I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.

I'd finger paint more and point fingers less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.

I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.

I would care to know less and know to care more I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.

I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.

I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often.

I would be firm less often and affirm much more.

I'd model less about the love of power, And more about the power of love.


Diane Looman "Full esteem ahead"




No comments:

WELCOME PEOPLE....RELAX...READ ON...